Callibration/Customization of invoices and pdf report

Offer your advice and post "wish lists" here for future releases

Callibration/Customization of invoices and pdf report

by shaneeloe » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:35 pm

I set up a company for trial purposes last night and made up an order so that I could take a look at the auto-invoices. These invoices look good and are a good standard for most businesses. However, if your business is a service only business, is there a way to omit the "shipping" label at the bottom? Also can the units be changed to hours instead of "each"? Finally the unit price displayed 5 decimals forcing it into the description column. I would prefer the default to be 2 decimals with an option to show more if desired.
shaneeloe  

Setting up NolaPro for a Service Company

by cseibert » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:31 am

NolaPro supports Service Industry processing through the Service Order feature. Review the Setup screens first in the Billing module under Setup-Billing->Company Options and Standard GL Accounts to start your configuration.

Unit Names such as Hours, Each, etc. can be defined in Billing -> Setup-Receivables ->Sales/Pricing Unit Names.
Decimal Preferences are set in Database Information on the Admin menu.

For the Service Industry, you will need to complete the following screens in Setup-Receivables
1. Sales Classes
2. Service Types
3. Sales Personnel
4. Service Labor Rates (this the screen that ties together the 3 items above it).

Time is recorded on a Service Order through the Log Hours screen on the Orders->Service Orders -> Log New Time or can be entered on the Service Order itself.

You also have the ability to handle prepaid hours through the Service Order Update screen using the Time Ordered button and the Customer Deposit screen. See the Help text on the Service Order Update screen for more details.

Please review the Getting Started document available on the Support page of our website for additional assistance with configuring NolaPro to meet your company's accounting needs.
C Seibert
cseibert Site Admin  

Service Company

by shaneeloe » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:28 pm

Thank you for your help. I have a friend who is an attorney and he has recently lost his bookkeeper and he is looking for a new way to maintain his records (they were previously on Quickbooks), thus I was attempting to investigate the suitability of the program for a service business. I had set up the service classes, types, personnel and labor rates, but I had missed the aera that specifically allows the configuration of the invoice.

Thank you, once again,

Shane
shaneeloe  

Customization of Invoices

by cseibert » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:47 pm

My apologies for overlooking that portion of your question! All forms are displayed in a PDF format in NolaPro. There are several ways to customize the look of the invoice.

The company logo can be automatically placed on the invoices by uploading your logo to NolaPro in the Company Add/Update screen on the Admin menu.

You also will find various formats in Billing -> Setup Receivables -> Company Options on the Invoice Format field. NolaPro supports preprinted invoice forms also. If you require a special format that is not available, please feel free to send your specifications to our Support Department at support@nolapro.com. Most invoice customizations can be completed at a very reasonable cost.

Additionally, the invoices can be enhanced with Invoice Notes that can be selected per invoice or a default Invoice Note can be configured to print on every invoice. Define individual Invoice Notes in Billing -> Setup-Receivables -> Invoice Notes. Enter your default invoice note in Billing -> Setup-Receivables-> Company Options.
C Seibert
cseibert Site Admin  

by OpenSynergy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:21 pm

NolaPro hasn't a template system for change the layout's of invoice, po and others. We dealing with a currency with 4 till 14 digits, this isn't fitting into the current layouts.

Is their a way to create a set of layout's fitting to international countries with this kind of currency? We could create them.... when the code wouldn't be encrypted.

Regards
Hendrikus
OpenSynergy  

International currency size

by npsupport » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:42 pm

Hendrikus,

Thank you for your participation on the NolaPro Forum!

Could we ask what version of NolaPro you are currently running? We recently made a change to allow large currency fields particularly for our international customers. However, there may be reports where the field sizes can still cause some overrun issues.

Please provide us a list of PDF documents where you are experiencing this issue and we can provide you an estimate on changing the layout to accommodate your specific requirements. This type of customization is generally very reasonably priced and can be delivered in a short amount of time. We appreciate the suggestions you have provided to help make our product more suitable for the international market.

We look forward to your next post!
NolaPro Support Department
npsupport  

Re: Callibration/Customization of invoices and pdf report

by esensors » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 am

I would like to suggest to provide/sell a tool that allows some form of customization on the orders, invoices, reports layout.

Or another suggestion is to provide/sell template packs so we can pick and choose to install the one that is suitable for our business.

Thank you for a great software!
esensors  

by sonicigc » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 am

In Australia we are required to have the words "TAX INVOICE" rather than just "invoice" printed on invoices. Is there a way to change the Invoice heading.

Kind regards,

Adrian.
sonicigc  

by admin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:04 am

You can change any text on your system under Admin->Setup->Language Editor
admin Site Admin  

Return to Suggestions