calculate first payroll

Wages / Hour Tracking / Tax Tables / Employee Reports / W2s

calculate first payroll

by esm » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi,

I'm a new user having installed version 4.0.5237. So far I've found a lot of useful information on the forums, the video training, and the help text.

I'm trying to run the Payroll->Calculate and Checks->Calculate function. I have set up the tax tables and employees. For the first test I have one hourly employee with hours entered for the semi-monthly pay period. I have selected the (only) pay period, Normal, and 2010 on the form Calculate/Pay Taxes. When I press the Calculate button, everything below the the menu and the form title goes away. There is no success or failure message and no page footer. If I look at the Employee Check Edit page, there are no deductions which suggests that the tax calculation was not performed.

I'm surely missing something in the setup but it is not obvious to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
esm  

Re: calculate first payroll

by admin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for your inquiry and welcome to NolaPro! If you go to Payroll->Calculate and Checks->Check Summary, is you calculated pay period showing? If it's not there it did not calculate successfully.

After all of your employee information is set up the basic process for payroll is to: log hours, calculate, write checks. Another useful section is Employee Pay/Ded also located in Payroll->Calculate and Checks. Before you write your checks you can view/edit the information that will be on the paycheck.
admin Site Admin  

by esm » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:24 pm

The pay period shows up, but all the taxes and deductions are $0.00 on the detail. So obviously the calculate function did not complete.

I have gone through the Employee Pay/Ded where the taxes and deductions also show as $0.00. So I tried deleting the check/pay/ded. I verified that the employee is set up, then entered hours, and tried calculate again. There is no indication that the function succeeded or failed. It looks to me like the page is incomplete. The summary page shows no deductions.
esm  

by admin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 am

Once you calculate it should come up with an Hours Completed Successively message with a Back button. We have a newer version available, 4.0.5273. Please try updating and this should correct the problem if the page is incomplete.

If gross pay is calculating and only taxes are not showing you could also check your Tax Tables to make sure everything is correct.
admin Site Admin  

by esm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:32 am

I finally tried installing Nolapro on a different system and then dumping and loading my database. The calculate function worked (still using the same version of Nolapro). On the second system, ioncube php loader was version 3.3.10 while on the first one it was version 3.3.7. After installing the newer version of the loader on the first system, the calculate function works correctly. Too bad there weren't any diagnostics to suggest that there was an issue with the loader.
esm  

Return to Payroll