Split Single Payment Between Multiple Customers
Allows you to apply a single payment to more than one customer. Useful if you bill entities separately, but receive a single check from a corporation to pay invoices for all entities.
To simplify selecting customers to apply single payments to, this new feature uses our Customer Groups add-on, which will be automatically activated when you enter the code above.
- Go to Admin -> Setup - Billing -> Customer Groups to create customer groups.
- Go to the customer edit page for each customer that is corporately related and choose a Customer Group created in the step above. You can find the Customer Group box in the General section of the customer edit page after clicking the Advanced link.
- After you have connected your single-payment customers together via a Customer Group you can go to Billing -> Invoices -> Enter Payments.
- Instead of choosing a customer, select a Customer Group. Enter values for Amount and Voucher#, then click Next.
- You will then see open invoices for all customers in the Customer Group. Assign amounts as needed.